Topic: Spotlight on Solar: Floating Solar, Rooftop Solar Opportunities in Southeast Asia
Date: 15 July 2021 (Thursday)
Time: 4.00pm - 5.00pm (Singapore Time, GMT+8)
Senior Delivery Director
Founder & CEO
Head of Business Development & Asset Management
According to Wood Mackenzie's projection, from 12.6 GW in 2019, Southeast Asia's (SEA) combined solar PV capacity could nearly triple to 35.8 GW in 2024.
As the cost of electricity production from solar PV falls significantly, the region will see energy consumers choosing solar, especially floating and rooftop solar. Both offer the advantage of requiring minimal land cost and being linked to existing electricity network.
In this webinar, the floating and rooftop solar opportunity in Southeast Asia will be evaluated in-depth:
- What floating and rooftop solar incentivizing mechanisms (FIT, DPPA, auction, etc) are being considered for implementation in Southeast Asia markets in the next 5 years?
- How will coupling with an energy storage unit enhance the ROI of a floating or rooftop solar PV system?
- In the case of floating solar, how will combining solar and hydro power plants impact the project's economics?
- Used in conjunction with P2P energy trading, rooftop has the potential to empower the consumer to procure their own decentralized green energy supply at the best price. Can the scenario be realized on a large scale in SEA?
- In SEA, corporations are playing an increasingly important role in driving demand for renewable energy and providing additional capital for the sector. Can technology innovation such as blockchain enable a flexible and transparent REC system to encourage corporations to adopt renewable energy?