Topic: Digitalisation in Grid Modernisation
Date: 20 May 2021 (Thursday)
Time: 4.0pm – 5.00pm (Singapore Time, GMT+8)
Dr. Nitus Voraphonpiput
Director - Generation and Transmission System Planning Division
Mr. Pisanu Tantitavorn
Assistant Governor - Technology and Material Management
Dr. Twarath Sutabutr
Mr. Pongsakorn Yuthagovit
Assistant Governor - Planning and Power System Development
Cluster BVP Power Systems Thailand /Myanmar /Lao
Mr. Peerapat Vithayasrichareon
Lead Analyst - System Integration of Renewables
Southeast Asian countries' electricity grids need to be smarter as their energy mix incorporates more variable renewable power and will continue to do so. This includes upgrading an aging grid, introducing automation and technology, mitigating cyber threats, and retraining workers.
In this webinar, we will talk about the challenges that the region's utilities are facing, how they are dealing with rising pressure on the power grids, and the best solutions that can help Southeast Asian countries achieve their goal of a modern, smart and sustainable grid.
Key discussion areas:
- We are moving into a society with more electricity 'prosumers', such as grid-connected rooftop solar systems and EVs. What are their impacts on the stability of the grid?
- How digitization can enable more renewable energy, both on utility and commercial & industrial (C&I) scales, to be integrated into the grid and drive better grid reliability?
- Main goals and unique challenges faced during the grid modernization journey
- Roadmap to ensure the cyber security of the increasingly digitized grid
- Will advanced analytics and big data capabilities allow for new utility business models, such as P2P energy trading and trans-national energy markets?